2021 Grantmaking Report
Imaginative, bold, and accountable leaders all throughout the state are working toward systemic change every day. On tribal lands, in rural areas, in big cities, and in smaller towns, community organizations and leaders take care of their people, disrupt narratives about whose voices matter, and challenge the status quo.
We are incredibly proud and humbled to be supporting them. This 2021 Grantmaking Report is an overview of the growing number of community organizations Inatai Foundation is supporting in our second full year of significant grantmaking. It was an incredible year of learning for us, which is stretching and shaping our longer-term grantmaking strategies.
- $62 million total grantmaking
- 607 grants and contributions
- 97 percent of grants were “core” or “general operating” support
- 77 percent of grants were made to organizations led by and for Black, Indigenous, and people of color
- 30 tribal nations received funding
- 34 (out of 39) counties in Washington where grantee organizations primarily work
- 5 statewide convenings for community leaders to connect