Get To Know Inatai | Join Our Team
HUMAN RESOURCES associate
Location: washington state
The Human Resources (HR) Associate reports to the HR Director and assists with the daily operations of the HR department, including a range of administrative functions related to recruitment and hiring, operations, employee benefits, and employee requests. This role provides project coordination support for departmental priorities and helps ensure a positive employment experience for our team members.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Inatai is proud to be a statewide organization and we know there are talented leaders everywhere in our state. As we grow and learn, we know that we are better partners to the community and more strategic Grantmakers when we have team members rooted in place and bringing their lived and learned experiences to our work. We are prioritizing the following geographies to ensure we are fully living up to our commitments to geographic equity.
- The Tri-Cities area, with a focus on our Pasco office
- The Olympic Peninsula, with special attention to Jefferson, Clallam, and Grays Harbor counties
- North Central Washington, with special attention to Douglas, Chelan, Okanogan, and Kittitas counties
- North Eastern Washington, with special attention to Pend Oreille, Stevens, Ferry and Lincoln counties
In addition to these regions, we would like to give priority to Adams, Asotin, Cowlitz, Lewis, Mason, Skagit, Skamania, and Whitman counties.
We currently have offices in Seattle and Pasco. Team members connected to an office will work in the office at least three days per week. Team members not connected to an office will work remotely.
About inatai Foundation
Inatai Foundation is a growing 501(c)(4) philanthropic organization committed to working with communities to shift the balance of power to ensure racial justice and equity across Washington and beyond. We are hiring a Human Resources Associate to join our expanding team.
Cultivating a staff team that embodies the diverse experiences of Washington communities is essential to these aspirations. We strongly and sincerely encourage applications from people of color; immigrant, bilingual, and multicultural individuals; d/Deaf people and people with disabilities; members of LGBTQIA+ and gender non-conforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
To learn more about our work, our approaches, and our values, click here.
- Provide administrative support for the recruitment and interview process, including scheduling, responding to candidate inquiries, and sending follow-ups
- Respond to employee requests and questions about employee benefits
- Provide project coordination support for onboarding, the performance review process, open enrollment, and other departmental projects
- Maintain the employee benefits filling system and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system for payroll deductions
- Reconcile benefits statements
- Conduct audits of payroll, benefits, and HR programs and recommend corrective action
- Assist with employee leave plan administration
- Contribute one’s own ideas, perspectives, and lived experiences to the emerging culture of the Foundation
- Assume other responsibilities and explore new opportunities that arise with the evolving needs and aspirations of the Foundation
- A deep commitment to equity and social justice, and strong alignment with our organizational values
- Ability to authentically connect the Foundation’s mission and aspirations with one’s own personal experiences
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and work effectively and respectfully with politically, ideologically, culturally, and geographically diverse people and communities
- Minimum two years of project coordination or administrative support experience
- Strong project management and administrative skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Humility and curiosity, and an understanding of how these qualities are connected to success in this role
- Demonstrated capacity for self-reflection
- Strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills combined with the ability to listen deeply and authentically
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe (Acrobat DC) and ability to adapt to new technologies
- Enthusiasm for traveling throughout Washington and engaging with communities that may be different from your own (travel is estimated at 5-10% for this position)
In addition to a positive and flexible work culture, we attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary ranges are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant data are reviewed when setting ranges for each position. The salary range for this position is $72,000 to $87,000. A compensation enhancement is provided to employees with indigenous or advanced language proficiency in more than one language that they utilize to advance the Foundation’s work across Washington.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes fully paid medical/dental/vision coverage for employees and dependent children (and partial coverage for partners and spouses), a 10% retirement contribution, generous time off (29 days of flexible paid time off, five paid holidays, and a year-end office closure from December 25 to January 1), paid family and medical leave (12 to 18 weeks), a transit pass (where available), and support for ongoing professional development.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your specific interests through our online application portal. Priority will be given to applications submitted by Monday, March 4. You will receive an automatic acknowledgment of your application once you submit your materials, and you can expect updates from the Foundation every two to three weeks once the priority deadline has passed.
We are committed to creating conditions where all candidates are able to fully express their talents and potential and invite you to let us know if there are any accommodations that we can provide to support you in your pursuit of this role.
Thank you for your interest in joining Inatai Foundation!