Inatai Foundation (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.inatai.org as well as any apps, email newsletters we publish or distribute, and all other interactive features and services offered by us (collectively the “site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the site (“you”; “your”).
We provide more detail below, but, in summary, we use and disclose your personal information only to (a) provide the site and the services on the site to you; and (b) improve the site and improve the delivery of our message and work. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information collection and use
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address and phone number (“personal information”).
There are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an event sponsored by us
- Applications for employment
- Applications for grants or funding
- Signing up to receive newsletters or other information from us
- Support requests or other assistance
- Participation in meetings with Inatai Foundation staff
- Suggestions for improvement or submission of other content or information on any part of the site that permits it
- Any other place on the site where you knowingly volunteer personal information
This information is voluntarily provided by you. Where appropriate, we may add you to Inatai Foundation’s contact list when you submit your personal information. This list and information are only accessible for specific communications and to certain employees and will not be shared with any unaffiliated businesses or individuals.
We may also use your information to send you emails or contact you in response to a form or inquiry you submitted.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site as well as other non-personally identifiable information about the use of our site, also known as “performance data.”
This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol, or IP, address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
Use of your information
We use the information we learn from you to improve your and our other users experience with our Site. We may use your personal information as follows:
- To respond to your inquiries, questions, and suggestions
- To deliver content that you request or related content that you may be interested in
- To communicate with you about your grant application or grant
- To communicate with you about your work with us
- To communicate with you about your job application status
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our site
- To optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To perform statistical and demographic analyses of users of the site
Disclosure of your information
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, processing of your application, push notifications, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the personal information that is required to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the site.
We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the site; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the site or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the site or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to this policy